Mondays are always good for fresh starts and resolutions so . . . having put on a kilo or two since shedding my summer wardrobe thought embracing the french approach to food might be a good start.
I am not a big fan of diets but read 'French women don't get fat' by Mirielle Guiliano years and years ago and still find myself trying to incorporate the basic principles on a day to day basis . . .
- Keep a strict food diary
- Everything in moderation. Balance. Small portions.
- Soup, soup, soup! (Leek soup in this case)
- Eat lots of fresh, in season produce
- Eat for pleasure - savour your food
- Drink lots of water
- Increase incidental exercise
Voila! Pretty simple really. So, in anticipation I have calorie king on the download and a trip to City Markets planned for this evening. Apparently I should be starting my day with a big glass of water, not a coffee . . . so bit of a shock to the system in store for tomorrow morning!