Thursday 15 September 2011

Shortbread Buttons!

These are the cutest biscuits ever. And tasty.


I made up a batch of Shortbread (from the Edmonds Cookbook so I knew they were going to be good!), added food colouring and voila!


Ingredients:

250g soft Butter
1 cup Icing Sugar
1 Cup Cornflour
2 Cups Plain Flour


Cream butter and icing sugar. 
I did this by hand as I currently have no electric mixer. Proud moment!



Add Cornflour and Flour. Knead well.
Divide into as many portions as you would like different coloured biscuits. 



Add a few drops of chosen food colouring and knead through. 
Ends up looking a bit like Play-Dough!



Roll out on a lightly floured board, cut into button shapes 
and pop onto greased oven trays



Bake at 150 degrees for 20 minutes



These took quite a bit of time to make . . . I was in the kitchen for about two hours! I know. I'm a shortbread rookie so not sure if that is because shortbread is hard to work with or what! Anyway, well worth it. This batch made up enough for both myself and my Husband to take a plate along to work for morning tea.

Thanks to Forty-Sixth at Grace for the idea!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment