Sunday 25 September 2011

Frusion Soft Drinks - NZ Girl Review


I absolutely love receiving parcels in the mail, even better should that parcel contain free stuff! Needless to say I was pretty happy when a box of Frusion sodas arrived on Friday thanks to NZGirl. This is my first Influencer Review, and should I be lucky enough to do another I have to say it will now have a lot to live up to!


I’m not much of a soft drink drinker. Apart from Diet Coke and Sprite Zero I don’t really stray too far into this ‘genre’ of drink due to the high sugar content of most soft drinks. So the fact that these are pitched as low in sugar was appealing.

Seeing as the labels read ‘to keep things interesting until the end of the night, whenever that may be’, thought I would crack a few of these open Saturday night and consume as I’m sure the makers intended, good old mixers! 

The three flavours are Soda, Lime and Bitters, Tropical Guava and Gingerbeer and Lime. They are all pretty tasty – I was at first surprised by the lack of fizz, maybe I shouldn’t have been though as they are a fusion of natural juices and sparkling water rather then your usual over carbonated sodas.

Gingerbeer and Lime is perfect for mixing yourself an El Diablo.
In a glass pour one shot of tequila, top up with the soda before adding a dash of blackcurrent liqueur (or cordial).



Soda, Lime and Bitters is (unsurprisingly) perfect with a little Vodka. Would be fine with Gin or white rum too, should that be your preference.



Tropical Guava was by far my favourite of the three flavours. I decided I would try this with a dash of Captain Morgan spiced rum! Delicious. The vanilla this brought out complimented the delicate guava flavour perfectly. Very tropical indeed!



The backs of the bottle caps are pretty awesome too, with witty comments and facts etc. By far my favourite was ‘Can I be your new favourite drink?’ Your wish is my command! x

No comments:

Post a Comment