Thursday 22 March 2012

Nautilus


Sulphur Point
Tauranga

Enjoyed a really lovely meal at Nautilus this evening.

We started with the 'Artisan breads',
 a platter of fresh bread served with Olive Oil, dips and Olives. 
The perfect sized entree for two.


For mains, I had the Fish of the Day. This is without a doubt the best meal out I have had in ages! Fairly decent sized Tarakihi fillet, poached, 3 scallops, 3 mussels, 3 prawns, and veges - broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, parsnip and potatoes. For someone as indecisive as me this was the perfect meal - a posh seafood medley really. Yummmo!!


My husband had the Scotch fillet, and if I hadn't enjoyed my meal so much I would have been very jealous. This was amazingly presented - a generous portion of steak served with fries, onion rings, and gravy (sorry, pinot noir jus sauce). Also delicious.


The atmosphere at Nautilus was buzzing, obviously plenty of regulars and everyone's meals looked amazing. Good service, good food, good wine. Slightly on the pricey side so probably best saved for a special treat. 

I am well impressed with Nautilus, will definitely be returning again after such a delightful culinary experience! Wow.


No comments:

Post a Comment