Tuesday 21 February 2012

Lolly cake!

Thanks to NZGirl I recently received a few tins of Highlander Sweetened Condensed Milk for an Influencer Review . . . the idea is that I use these to whip up a little baking and let them know how I go. 


So last night I went on a bit of a baking binge . . .

The first of my experimentations was Lolly Cake, a childhood favourite. On a really bad day you are still quite likely to find me down at the bakery picking up a slice of lolly cake to treat myself!


Ingredients:

100 grams of butter
1/2 a can of Sweetened condensed milk
1 packet of malt biscuits
1 packet of eskimo lollies


This is easy peasy. As it doesn't require any oven baking, I'm not sure that I can even call this baking as such!

Use a food processer to turn the malt biscuits to crumbs. 


Turn into a bowl and add the chopped up eskimo lollies.


Melt together the butter and sweetened condensed milk, before stirring in with the malt biscuit/ lolly mixture.


Leave to cool, form into a roll and cover in gladwrap. It would be at this point that you would also roll in coconut to coat, if you were that way inclined! 


Refrigerate (I did this overnight)

Cut into slices. 


Consume.



I always had an inkling that Lolly cake wasn't exactly the healthiest of food, but after making it myself I was just a little put off by the fact that it is basically just butter and sweetened condensed milk! Lucky Highlander also give you the option of using their 'lite' version sweetened condensed milk, but this is still definitely one to exercise portion control with!


No comments:

Post a Comment